Ellery Catherine you are FIVE months old!
- You are 14 pounds 13 ounces. You wear 3-6 and 6 month clothing and size 2 diapers.
- You have TWO teeth! The bottom middle two came in when you were 4 months and 5 days old.
- You are the happiest baby. Anytime someone talks to you you give them the biggest smile. You are so sweet and put on a show for everyone. You are always smiling, laughing, and babbling.
- You like to give kisses. If I make a kissing sound or kissy face you put your hands on my face and pull in for a kiss. It's the sweetest.
- You can roll completely around. You are a multi directional roller and roll all over the place.
- You are a great sleeper! You sleep about ten hours a night. You like to be ready for bed around 8-8:30 and will wake up usually sometime between 5 and 7. If I don't have to get up yet I can give you a paci and turn your sleep sheep on and you'll either fall asleep or just kick around in your bed quietly. You still sleep in the pack and play next to me. I keep saying I'm going to move you but I like having you there :) Once you are proficient at locating and putting your paci in I mayyyy for real move you. Maybe.
- You usually take a little nap in the morning and a longer nap from lunchtime until school pick up time. This is ideal on days where we don't go anywhere- but they are limited!
- You love your paci still. It usually calms you down and buys me some more time to get things done if you start to get fussy.
- We switched your swing from the fuzzy swing to the glider one. You like it because it goes faster and I like it because it has shoulder straps so you don't lean out the side anymore.
- You like to sit in your bumbo and highchair but you don't eat any food yet... still a few more months before we get into that.
- You like your jumperoo and your play mat. You are very interested in toys and like to pick things up and examine them... and then promptly stuff them in your mouth. I can usually give you a toy to hold and you will shake it around and play for a while. Daddy says your brothers never were this interested in toys at your age.
- You are always drooling and chewing your hands.
- You are so much better in the car now! You usually sit happily unless you are tired/hungry/ or have a (rare) dirty diaper. This means most of the time you are happy on the way out and unhappy on the way in.
- You still love soft things. Anytime I give you your little sheep you rub it on your face and instantly calm down. I can't wait for cooler weather when I can snuggle you in a blanket. You'll love it.
- You like to look at yourself in the mirror. Now you try to reach out and touch your reflection and see who's there. You are always leaning and rolling to reach toward things. You set your sights on things and you try your hardest to get them.
- You like to stand up and are so strong. If I hold your hands you will stand for a while just babbling away. You stand on your own strength- I just have to keep your balance.
- You like us to sing itsy bitsy spider to you.
- You are a good girl and never pull your bow off. I keep it on you all waking hours so I am pretty sure you just think it's part of your head and leave it alone.
- You have taken quite the interest in my phone screen. You are always liking all kinds of things on facebook and instagram. They need an "are you sure" feature built in for social media liking!
- You are a joy and we love every minute of the day with you! Five months already!
Stink eye... you were not up for a photo shoot. We tried four separate times today.
Grabbing the sign...
Trying to escape.
Requiring a paci.
Do not even think of touching this paci.
Five Months Old!